Best vitiligo homeopathic doctor, clinic, treatment & remedies in Sunnyvale
Vitiligo is a disease of skin pigments called melanin. It is a disease where there is a loss of skin pigment or color, which could be due to various reasons. Vitiligo affects about 2% of the world population and closes to 8% of the Indian and Mexican population. Vitiligo is not a serious disease, medically speaking. It has more social significance than medical importance, as it does not cause any major harm to the body. Cosmetically and personally, it can affect the lives of the suffers especially in that society, where the color of the skin is given importance; especially among brown and dark skin people. Find the Best vitiligo homeopathic doctor, clinic, treatment & remedies in Sunnyvale & Fremont.
Homeopathy offers proven treatment for the cases of vitiligo which do not have extensive spread. Early and milder cases may be treated with excellent success, moderate and spreading cases can expect partial color formation with good control, while rapidly spreading cases may be controlled significantly. It may be noted that good control over the spread is also considered a success in extensive cases.
Homeopathic treatment works in the following manner:
- Controlling the spread of Vitiligo by attempting to correct the immune system
- Enhancing the natural melanocyte formation (melanogenesis)
What does the Homeopathy treatment do?
The scientific and documented study shows that the homeopathic treatment helps achieve:
- Enhances melanocyte formation by stimulating the natural process called melanogenesis
- Controls genetic disposition by using miasmatic medicines
- Treats after effects of environmental factors such as exposure to chemicals
- Treats aftereffects of emotional stress which may have triggered the disease process of vitiligo (Leucoderma)
- Corrects the hormonal imbalance such as Underactive thyroid (hypothyroid)
- Helps body cope up with stress and emotional pressures
- An individualistic approach whereby every patient is treated based on one’s case.
Self Care Tips
Based on our expertise and experience in treating thousands of cases over the last 50 years, we have seen patients being helped with certain changes in their diet and lifestyle. These have been clinically verified by us repeatedly and have a scientific backing as well. Here are some points that Vitiligo patients can put to good use:
- Exposing the affected areas to early morning sunlight just after sunrise is known to stimulate pigment-forming cells. However, patients must avoid strong sunlight, especially between 10, am to 4 pm. If necessary to move out during such hours, patients must opt for a sunscreen with SPF (Sun Protection Factor) of more than 30.
- Regular use of sunscreen also guards against sunburn and long-term damage
- Use a mild soap for bathing and avoid rubbing skin vigorously after a bath (friction can trigger new patches)
- Wear clothing that adequately covers the skin (e.g. full-sleeved shirt) – this protects the skin from any kind of external trauma
- Avoid direct contact with deodorants, perfumes – spray on clothes rather than directly on the skin
- Avoid mental stress – take effective steps to identify and tackle stress, if it exists
- Diet rich in copper is suggested for Vitiligo patients since scientific studies have shown low serum copper levels in patients suffering from Vitiligo. Green leafy vegetables and sesame are good sources of copper.
- Supplementation with vitamin B12, folic acid, and pantothenic acid has been seen to have beneficial effects in Vitiligo patients (it has been credited with the formation of new melanin). Patients should include adequate lentils, eggs, and yogurt in their daily diet for the same.